William Grady Pool
Opens June 1st
916 W. Lincoln Ave.
- Heated to an Average of 82°
- 25-Meter Pool with Lap Lanes
- Depth is 3 Feet, 6 Inches to 5 Feet
- Vortex Slide NEW in 2012
- 4 Shade Structures
- Spacious Deck
- Two 1-Meter Diving Boards
- One 3-Meter Diving Board
- Wading Pool for Under 48”
- Basketball Court
- Large & Small Water Mushroom Features
- Fun ‘n Sun Are
- Picnic Tables
- Children’s Playground
- Grassy Area
Ellis & Associates Lifeguard Training
Belvidere Park District lifeguards have completed water safety training and testing conducted by Ellis & Associates. E&A is recognized as the leader in aquatic risk management and lifeguard training. Each lifeguard must pass the 20 hour International Lifeguard Training Program that includes First Aid/CPR/AED and water rescue skills. All lifeguards are required to complete a minimum of 4 hours of in service each month. E&A conducts surprise audits to review the facility and staff performance throughout the summer.
General Pool Information
Requirements mandated by the Illinois State Health Department:
- All patrons MUST wear a swimsuit. No athletic wear.
- All toddlers MUST wear a swim diaper or rubber pants.
- Swim diapers can be purchased at the cashier desk. A regular diaper will not be permitted in the pool.
- Children 8 years old and under must be accompanied at all times by someone at least 14 years of age.
- All life jackets (PFD) must have Coast Guard Approval. Life jackets are available upon request with a deposit.
- Outside floats, rafts, and noodles will not be allowed in either pool.
- No refunds will be given for paid admission.
- No diving is allowed except off the diving boards. A weak swimmer may be required to pass a swim test before using the diving boards.
- Food and drink are allowed on the concession deck and Fun ‘n Sun areas ONLY.
- Outside food will be allowed inside of William Grady Pool. Small coolers only. Styrofoam coolers will not be permitted at any time.
- Glass and alcohol are not allowed on Belvidere Park District property.
- Smoking within the facility or fenced-in perimeter is not permitted. No person shall smoke in a public place within 15 feet of any entrance to a public place or place of employment.
- Cell phone use is prohibited in the locker rooms.
- Individuals may lose their swimming privileges due to pool rule infractions.
- Additional rules are posted at William Grady Pool.