William Grady Pool
Open for the Season – June 1st @ 12:00 pm
916 W. Lincoln Ave.
- Heated to an Average of 82°
- 25-Meter Pool with Lap Lanes
- Depth is 3 Feet, 6 Inches to 5 Feet
- Vortex Slide NEW in 2012
- 4 Shade Structures
- Spacious Deck
- Two 1-Meter Diving Boards
- One 3-Meter Diving Board
- Wading Pool for Under 48”
- Basketball Court
- Large & Small Water Mushroom Features
- Fun ‘n Sun Are
- Picnic Tables
- Children’s Playground
- Grassy Area
Ellis & Associates Lifeguard Training
Belvidere Park District lifeguards have completed water safety training and testing conducted by Ellis & Associates. E&A is recognized as the leader in aquatic risk management and lifeguard training. Each lifeguard must pass the 20 hour International Lifeguard Training Program that includes First Aid/CPR/AED and water rescue skills. All lifeguards are required to complete a minimum of 4 hours of in service each month. E&A conducts surprise audits to review the facility and staff performance throughout the summer.
General Pool Information
- Requirements mandated by the Illinois State Health Department:
- All patrons MUST wear a swimsuit.
- All swimmers must wear a swimsuit with a liner.
- No athletic wear.
- All toddlers MUST wear a swim diaper or rubber pants.
- Swim diapers can be purchased at the cashier desk.
- A regular diaper will NOT be allowed in the pool.
- We will provide a lane for lap swimming if the pool is not overly crowded. Adult Lap Swim time is also available during scheduled swimming lessons time.
- Parents must supervise their children at ALL times.
- Children 8 years old and under must be accompanied at all times by someone at least 14 years of age.
- Play toys and floats are not allowed in either pool.
- Outside lifejackets marked with Coast Guard Approval will be permitted at the discretion of the pool manager. WGP has lifejackets available for use at the front desk. A driver’s license or $5.00 deposit is required. Lifejacket policy will be enforced for anyone using a lifejacket.
- No diving is allowed except off the diving boards. A weak swimmer may be required to pass a swim test before using the diving boards.
- Food and drink are allowed on the concession deck and Fun ‘n Sun areas ONLY.
- Outside food will be allowed inside of William Grady Pool. Small coolers only. Styrofoam coolers will not be permitted at any time. Eating will be permitted on the Concession Deck and Fun ‘n Sun areas only.
- Glass and alcohol are not allowed on Belvidere Park District property.
- Smoking within the facility or fenced-in perimeter is not permitted. No person shall smoke in a public place within 15 feet of any entrance to a public place or place of employment.
- Cell phone use is prohibited in the locker rooms.
- Individuals may lose their swimming privileges due to pool rule infractions.
- No refunds will be given for paid admission.
- Additional rules are posted at William Grady Pool.