William Grady Pool
CLOSED FOR THE SEASON
916 W. Lincoln Ave.
- Heated to an Average of 82°
- 25-Meter Pool with Lap Lanes
- Depth is 3 Feet, 6 Inches to 5 Feet
- Vortex Slide NEW in 2012
- 4 Shade Structures
- Spacious Deck
- Two 1-Meter Diving Boards
- One 3-Meter Diving Board
- Wading Pool for Under 48”
- Basketball Court
- Large & Small Water Mushroom Features
- Fun ‘n Sun Are
- Picnic Tables
- Children’s Playground
- Grassy Area
Ellis & Associates Lifeguard Training
Belvidere Park District lifeguards have completed water safety training and testing conducted by Ellis & Associates. E&A is recognized as the leader in aquatic risk management and lifeguard training. Each lifeguard must pass the 20 hour International Lifeguard Training Program that includes First Aid/CPR/AED and water rescue skills. All lifeguards are required to complete a minimum of 4 hours of in-service each month. E&A conducts surprise audits to review the facility and staff performance throughout the summer.
General Pool Information
Requirements mandated by the Illinois State Health Department:
Willy’s Pool Rules
- Admission to the pool shall be refused to all persons having any contagious disease, infectious conditions such as colds, fever, ringworm, foot infections, skin lesions, diarrhea, vomiting, inflamed eyes, ear discharges, or any other condition which has the appearance of being infectious. Persons with excessive sunburn, abrasions which have not healed, corn plasters, bunion pads, adhesive tape, rubber bandages, or other bandages of any kind shall also be refused admittance. A person under the influence of alcohol or exhibiting erratic behavior shall not be permitted in the pool area.
- The pool water is not suitable for drinking. Avoid swallowing pool water. Spitting, spouting of water, blowing the nose or otherwise introducing contaminants into the pool is not permitted.
- Littering is prohibited. In addition, no food, drink, or gum is allowed in other than the concession stand area and the Fun-N-Sun area. Glass containers are prohibited. Outside food and beverages will be allowed inside of William Grady Pool. Small coolers only. Styrofoam coolers will not be permitted at any time.
- All persons are encouraged to take a shower before entering the facility.
- Personal conduct within the pool facility must be such that the safety of self and others is not jeopardized. Horseplay, such as dunking, shoulder rides or running on the deck will not be permitted.
- Only clean footwear, baby strollers, or wheelchairs are allowed in the pool area
- Glass, soap, or other material which might create hazardous conditions or interfere with efficient operation of the swimming pool shall not be permitted in the swimming pool or on the pool deck.
- Appropriate and clean swimwear is required in the pool. Some examples of inappropriate swimwear are: Unlined shorts, cut-off shorts, and leotards. T-shirts may be worn over appropriate swimwear for sun protection.
- Infants must wear a swimsuit over their swim diaper. Swim diapers may be purchased at the front desk.
- Diving is only allowed at the diving boards in the diving well. Caution shall be exercised in the use of the diving well.
- Swimming is prohibited at outdoor swimming pools when thunder is heard or lightning is seen, including a 30-minute period after the last lightning or thunder is detected.
- Parents are responsible for the supervision of their children. Lifeguards are responsible for enforcing safety rules and responding to emergencies.
- Children 8 years old and under must be accompanied at all times by someone at least 14 years of age.
- Sitting, hanging or grabbing the lane lines is not permitted.
- Small water toys, such as sponge balls, small boats, etc. will be allowed in the pool as long as they are being used in an appropriate manner. Toys that become a nuisance to other guests must be put away or they will be confiscated.
- Floatation devices such as water wings, bubbles, etc. will not be permitted at any time. Swimsuits with built-in floatation will only be permitted if the floatation material in the suit is not subject to deflation or bursting. Outside lifejackets marked with Coast Guard Approval will be permitted at the discretion of the pool coordinator. Lifejackets are available for use at the front desk. Lifejacket policy will be enforced for anyone using a lifejacket.
- We do have lifejackets to offer our patrons if they request one or need one.
- Parental supervision is required at all times and parent and child must be wearing wristbands.
- Smoking is not allowed anywhere in the facility. Guests may obtain a wristband from the front desk, which will allow the guest to re-enter without paying an additional fee.
- No abusive language or intimate actions will be permitted.
- No children over 48 inches will be permitted in the wading pool.
- The Belvidere Park District is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- The Belvidere Park District reserves the right to revoke season passes, or suspend daily admissions of individuals for violation of facility rules as well as infringement of health regulations. Lifeguards have the final decision on rulings.
- Have fun
Willy’s Slide Rules
- No head first sliding- slide on back feet first only
- No jumping or diving from the slide
- Stay clear of the slide runway exit
- Children under 48” tall must be supervised closely by an adult at all times when using her slide or stairs
- Make sure slide runway exit is unobstructed before descending
- One person in slide runway or steps at a time
- No roughhousing on or near the slide
- Non-swimmers shall not use the slide
- People with medical conditions should consult their physician before using the slide.
- Parents may catch their children, but Lifejackets will not be permitted for use on the slide.
- No other swimming is allowed in the slide area.
Willy’s Diving Board Rules
- Head and neck injuries can result from improper diving.
- Use Caution when diving
- Only 1 person on the diving board at a time.
- No double bounce on the diving board
- Do not move fulcrum.
- Divers must wait until the previous diver has reached the ladder before they may go.
- Jump or dive straight off the board, not toward the ladder.
- Swim directly to the closest ladder after jumping off the board.
- Hanging onto or sitting on the board is not permitted.
- Swimming under the board is not allowed.
- Children jumping off the board may not be caught by an adult.
- No inward or reverse dives are allowed.
- No handstands are allowed.
- No goggles or lifejackets will be permitted to be used on the diving board or in the diving well.