The Belvidere Park District operates and manages a variety of facilities for the community’s recreational and leisure purposes. The Park District also rents or leases facilities to expand program offerings and facilities for the public.
- Administration Building
- Rivers Edge Recreation Center
- William Grady Pool
- Belvidere Park
- Prairie Fields Sports Park
- Kishwaukee River Front Path
- Baltic Mill
- Bob’s Park
- Bloom Playground
- Public Boat Launch
- Doty Park
- Harkless Park
- Fridh Recreation Area
- The Tot-Lot
- Aberdeen Park
- Red Horse Bend Canoe Launch
- Hickory Bill’s Island Canoe Launch
- Meehan Elementary School
- Winterroth Park
Located at 1006 W. Lincoln Avenue, this facility headquarters the full time staff and takes registration for programs and shelter rentals.
RIVERS EDGE RECREATION CENTER
Located at 1151 W. Locust St., this facility includes 4 recreation rooms, a serving kitchen, rental rooms, full size gymnasium and a thirty-five foot high climbing wall.
WILLIAM GRADY POOL
Located in Belvidere Park, off of Lincoln Avenue, this is one of the best outdoor pools in the area. It boasts a 500,000 gallon “L” shaped pool with diving well and small slide. A small wading pool with spray features is just right for small children. A concession stand and Fun-N-Sun green space area with a playground for young children enhance the facility.
A beautiful park with a wide range of amenities to keep the family busy. Within it’s 105 acres are : 4 shelters, public restrooms, tennis courts, sand volleyball courts, basketball courts, ball diamond, playground areas, accessible fishing pier and the historical swinging bridge. The Kishwaukee River and the Mill Race separate the park into three areas – north, center and south.
PRAIRIE FIELDS SPORTS PARK
Located east of Fairgrounds Road, west of McKinley Avenue and south of Business 20, this 90 acre sports park is being developed in phases. The first phase, completed in 2004, contains six soccer/football fields, a playground, shelter and parking. In 2008, baseball and softball diamonds, a second shelter and playground were added.
Additional phases will be completed as funds permit. If your organization would like a presentation please contact the Park District office.
KISHWAUKEE RIVERFRONT PATH
The Park District works hand-in-hand with the Kishwaukee Riverfront Committee to continue improving upon the 5.6 miles of asphalt path. By working with community organizations to raise funds and receive grants, the possibilities are endless.
Located in Belvidere Park off of Lincoln Avenue, the Baltic Mill has been renovated to provide historical artifacts, a meeting room, a public restroom and house the Boone County Arts Council office. Adjacent to the Baltic Mill is a stage area where “Concerts in the Park” are provided for the community. Local businesses and organizations may reserve the Baltic Mill for meetings. Baltic Mill Stage and seating areas are available for rentals May thru October. For information, please call 815-547-5711
Located at the corner of Burgess and River Drive, this is the only public launch in Boone County.
Belvidere’s first universally designed playground. This site provides play features designed with elements that are functional and usable for all people, the the greatest extent possible, without the need for adaptation. A shelter and benches provide resting areas to enjoy the scenic views and sounds of laughter.
Bob’s Park consists of seven city lots surrounded by Meadow and Locust Streets and Warren and Nebraska Avenues. Two playgrounds provide fun for children ages 2-5 and 5-12.
Located off of West Locust Street on Leonard Court, Doty Park was home of “Legion Field” where many athletic events took place. Development of these 12.5 acres includes a shelter, playground equipment, open recreation space and continuation of the Kishwaukee Riverfront Path.
A small neighborhood park located on 9th Street and 10th Avenue. The six acres include youth ball fields and a playground.
FRIDH RECREATION AREA
Located at 9th Street and 14th Avenue. This 20 acre park includes soccer/football fields and open recreation space.
A small playground area located at East Avenue and 5th Street.
Located on Orth Road, east of Olson Road, this neighborhood park is busy with many amenities in the 9.7 acres: basketball courts, sand volleyball courts, tennis courts, shuffleboard, playground, picnic shelter, restrooms, ball diamond, soccer field, horseshoes and path.
RED HORSE BEND CANOE LAUNCH
Lawrenceville Road, east of Genoa Road. Twenty acres includes public access canoe launch, parking lot and fishing area.
HICKORY BILL’S ISLAND CANOE LAUNCH
100 South Appleton Road. The 4.1 acres includes public access canoe launch.
MEEHAN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
A unique Park / School site whereas the Park District contributed financially with the expansion of the gymnasium and operates the gymnasium during non-school hours.
- Kiddieland – Off of Lincoln Avenue in the northeast side of the park. Shelter can accommodate up to 120 individuals.
- Cottonwood – Off of Locust Street near the Maintenance Center. Shelter can accommodate up to 120 individuals.
- Whispering Pines – Off of South Appleton Road in the center section of Belvidere Park. Shelter can accommodate up to 100 individuals.
- Crab Apple – Off of South Appleton Road in the north section of Belvidere Park near the Administration Building. Shelter can accommodate up to 100 individuals.
- Sugar Maple – In the east center section of Belvidere Park near the dam. Shelter can accommodate up to 100 individuals.
- Fridh Park – 20 acre park with amenities which includes soccer and softball fields, playground and restrooms. Shelter can accommodate up to 120 individuals.
- Doty Park – Located on Leonard Court behind the Fire Station on State Street. Shelter includes electricity. Park amenities include restrooms, playground, Kishwaukee Riverfront Path Pavilion can accommodate up to 100
- Aberdeen Park – Located on Orth Road east of Olson Road. Shelter includes electricity and a grill. Park amenities include restrooms, playground, soccer field, tennis courts, sand volleyball court, ball diamond, horseshoe pits, shuffleboard court and a path. Shelter can accommodate up to 50 individuals.
- Winterroth Park – 2143 E. 6th Street 6.7 Acres and 0.4 Path Miles, and Playground
Copyright © 2013 Belvidere Park District. All Rights Reserved.